Item number 5263 ISBN 978-3-438-05263-6 Publisher: Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft Cover: paperback, thread-stiching Number of pages 274 Weight: 431 g
** Shipping within Europe: 4-18 business days. Shipping time for worldwide destinations see here.
The Biblia Hebraica Quinta (BHQ) series is continued with the publication of the book of Leviticus, prepared by Innocent Himbaza. It is the 8th installment of this pioneering new edition of the Hebrew Bible. In addition to the Hebrew text and also the complete Masorah of Leviticus according to Codex Leningradensis, this volume offers a completely restructured text critical apparatus and an extensive commentary section in English. The commentary section inlcudes a complete translation of the Masorah magna and commentaries on both the Masorah and the text critical apparatus. An introduction discusses the particular textual features of Leviticus and characterizes its textual witnesses.
Further volumes are being prepared. They are being compiled and edited by an international and interdenominational team of scholars.
The Biblia Hebraica Quinta (BHQ) is mainly suitable for:
- Biblical scholars
- Students of Theology
- Ministers and priests
- Classical scholars
The Biblia Hebraica Quinta (BHQ) at a glance:
- The authoritative new critical edition of the Biblia Hebraica
- A pioneering standard reference for biblical studies
- Codex Leningradensis as textual basis
- Including the Masorah magna, which up to now only was available in a separate volume
- Extensive commentary section in English to both the critical apparatus and the Masorah